— choro | Merawat Kamu (@cho_ro) December 2, 2015
So a week ago some of fellow bloggers were invited to Samsung Gear S2 bloggers gathering event at Empirica, introducing their new smart watch priced IDR 3,999,000 and IDR 4,499,000 for their classic editions.
— drg. Dita Firdiana (@fairyteeth) December 2, 2015
So, some of key features for those who don’t know about their new Samsung Gear S2:
- 360 x 360 round display
- NFC (but NFC Payments (from the watch) won’t work unless you have a recent Galaxy device as it’s a Samsung Pay exclusive)
- Works with several Android devices (it works with non-Samsung devices by the way)
- Tizen (anyway, Tizen is an open source, standards-based software platform that will offer an innovative operating system, applications, and a user experience that consumers can take from device to device)
- There will be a 3G Model (The watch can take phones calls if you grab the 3G Model, yay!)
- Gear S2 Classic features a black finish with a matching leather band
— Debby Permata (@debbypermata) December 2, 2015
By a quick glance, what I feel about Samsung Gear S2 is:
- The rotating bezel is awesome. ( Very fluid and accurate. The actual bezel had a very inexpensive feel to it, and there was definitely movement/play when pressing down on the edge of the bezel.)
- The battery life on it is amazing.
- The screen is super clear.
- The interface is better in every way, animation speed is flawless!
- And oh, the Gear S2 takes standard 18mm watch straps, so you don’t need to wait for Samsung branded straps. You can simply pop into a watch shop and buy other 18mm straps.